Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A WENDY'S HAMBURGER & A CHAIR

It's been an exciting afternoon for Tom.  Following dialysis today, he had a visitor from my Sunday School class who talked golf with him.  Then he had physical therapy.  He walked some and then sat in a chair for 2 HOURS!  To top it all off, at his request, I brought him a Wendy's hamburger for dinner.  He ate the whole thing!  OK so it may not be exciting to you but it is to us - especially the physical therapy.  He's still awake too.  His good friend Dave is here this evening and I know he enjoys Dave's visits.

As usual we don't know if he will have dialysis tomorrow.  I kind of doubt it, but what do I know?  I hope to be able to hang around long enough in the morning to get some reports on his stats.  I'm sure the kidney stats will be good following 2 days of dialysis so it will probably be a few days before they know if they are working on their own.  Please pray that the kidneys will respond and start doing their thing. 

We're going to try to get an early start on sleep tonight.  Since Tom is tired, I'm going to get my cot ready too - it's usually pretty quiet between 8 and 10 so that might give us a headstart. 

Blessings to you.

1 comment:

  1. May God Bless you both with a good nights sleep...
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete