Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A GOOD NIGHT

OK so a good night in hospital terms anyway.  We both got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep.  It was in two segments but it was pretty good I think.

Late in the evening we had another "Code Gray" (tornado warning).  I had to sit in the hall for about 10 minutes.  They just turned Tom's bed away from the windows and closed the drapes.

Tom was ready to get up and take a shower this morning.  I'm glad his mind is set on those goals.

Did finally get the numbers from his nurse last night.  Although the kidney numbers went down after his first dialysis treatment, they were back up yesterday morning.  We won't have the numbers for this morning until later today to see the results of yesterday's dialysis.  It will take several days of consistent numbers to know if the kidneys are responding on their own.  His white blood cell count is down a little more.  Everything else they measured is about the same.  Sometimes they don't analyze everything - like liver, ammonia, etc.  We should get the works today.

I still don't know if he's having dialysis today.  I guess I'll know the answer to that when I get here at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment