Sunday, April 17, 2011

SUN DAY

We have sunshine today in Nashville and it is so much nicer than yesterdays gloom.  It is supposed to be warmer too.  I wish I could take Tom outside for a while (and maybe even bring the puppies to visit).  Hopefully if he goes to a rehab facility soon, he will have those privileges.

Only the kidney doctor has been in so far this morning - this must be our lucky weekend - all of our regular docs are on-call.  He is very pleased with the progress and is just waiting for Tom's kidneys to process the poisons.  Apparently they are doing most everything but that.  It is measured by the amount of toxins in Tom's blood each day.  When he doesn't have dialysis, if the numbers go up, the kidneys are not processing the poison.  So, that is our specific prayer.  Tom will not have dialysis today so we'll see what the numbers are like tomorrow.

I have asked for Tom's stats for the last 2 days (3 shifts of nurses) - I know these folks are busy but I give them a list - how hard is it to write down a few numbers?  I'm going to camp out here until Tom's PCP comes in - with my luck he'll be here at 5 pm.  We could both use a nap or three.  We got about 2 hours of sleep last night.  I'm going home tonight - three nights in a row is a little much (or not enough, depending on how you look at it).  Tom's sister, Cathy and her family are coming to visit this week.  We are both very excited.  Tom is surely looking forward to having someone else to talk to (or nag him).

I'll post again after we talk to the PCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment