Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ABOUT THE SAME

It's a beautiful morning in Nashville - I wish Tom could see it.  We asked the nurses about moving him to a room with a window but his back would be to it all the time.  He didn't seem to care one way or another and it's a pretty big deal to change rooms in CCU so I guess we're staying here.

Tom's night was "OK".  He said there is construction in the hospital that wakes him up at night.  I remember hearing them drilling when we were in the ER.  He has a couple of new neighbors too and there are all kinds of bells and buzzers going off across the hall.  He's still pretty tired this morning so I'm sure he'll be catching some naps throughout today.

The kidney doctor was in this morning and said they are about the same as yesterday.  The diuretic is helping but, like the other doctors and nurses, he said it is just going to take some time.  So, we'll wait.  Patience is not of our gifts.

PT should be in shortly after breakfast.  He's still sore but I know it must feel good to get out of the bed and it has really helped his strength.

I'll be heading to work shortly but will be back to visit around lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne, I know you are feeling better that you can get to your office and feel a little more normal in your day. I know it is frustrating to keep hearing that Tom's improvement will take time. You are a "get it done" person so I know you are frustrated. But the devotion you wrote in your last post--the day you came to the hospital -- was God talking to you and assuring you he is in charge and keeping Tom in his care. And that's the best care he can get. We love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today you are one day closer to breakout day!!

    ReplyDelete