Wednesday, April 13, 2011

RESTED

Tom was awake when I got here after work.  Guess he was able to rest this afternoon.  He certainly worked up an appetite today.  Since I've been here he's had some peanut butter & crackers from a really nice basket sent by his company, some lemon & blueberry pound cake from our neighbor, spaghetti, orange juice and chocolate ice cream. 

There is no one new on the RN/tech team tonight so that is helpful.  It's still difficult to leave because I really do help him quite a bit and I'm much more responsive.  If he can have PT sessions like today, I know he'll be up and around soon.

I was here for his wound care tonight and hernia area and wound on his leg (new since we've been in the hospital) look much better.  He is still retaining fluid which is uncomfortable but better than being dehydrated.  Dialysis helps some of that, kidney function will too and of course, mobility.

I know I keep asking but please continue to pray specifically for kidney and liver function improvement.  Tom is in control of building his strength and that is his focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment