Friday, April 15, 2011

SLEEP

We got some sleep last night!  About 6 full hours.  Tom is working on a couple more right now.  I like that this team didn't interrupt us much but I can't give them a high score for responsiveness yet.

Got some numbers.  Good news . . . ammonia level dropped from 53.8 to 48.1 and Bilirubin dropped 2.6 points which is also great.  The kidney numbers were about the same but the liver enzymes were up quite a bit.  Don't know what's up with that but hope to see the docs today and find out.  I know they gave him a new drug during dialysis yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it.

At work we always call Fridays "fix it Friday".  Any issues we've worked on during the week usually manage to get resolved on Fridays.  So I'm hoping today can be "fix it Friday" and we can get some even better news.

I'm going to try to catch Tom's PCP at lunch today, otherwise we go into another weekend with a lot of unanswered questions.  The port they use for dialysis was looking pretty yucky yesterday so I took a piece of tape, wrote a note to "please clean and straighten" and taped it to the end.  Tom came back with it looking pretty good!  I keep telling Tom I'm going to write a note and pin it to his gown - he doesn't think that is as funny as I do but if that's the only way to get information, I'll do it!

4 comments:

  1. Jeanne, at least you have some good news and I hope you can get some more in depth info from the docs. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, a woman has to do what a woman has to do. LOL Glad there are improvements with him. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 hours of sleep? WOW! That is a record!!! 2 more would have been fabulous, but-6 is great!!! Whoohooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beats a hot pink post-it on his forehead!

    ReplyDelete