Friday, April 22, 2011

"BETTER THAN EXPECTED"

Yes, that's what the kidney doctor said this morning.  Tom's creatinine is lower today - Praise The Lord!!  This is the doc who used to make me cry every morning because his tone of voice and news was so disheartening!

We also got 7 hours of sleep!  Actually Tom got a little more but I can't remember the last time I had 7 hours of sleep.  Even though it wasn't continuous, it was wonderful!  Tom got up a few times almost entirely by himself.  I would still like to take him for a walk today - preferably outside.  I think the walk would help his back pain too.

The RN's Tom has had for the past 24 hours have been very busy and haven't paid much attention to us so I guess I will be doing "wound care" today because it has not been done.  Tom's wounds are really looking pretty good so it won't be too hard.  His white blood cell count is even higher so it has the docs pretty puzzled.  No fever and no infection.  The kidney doc said it might just be that he has a higher count than normal.  The RN yesterday said Tom's ammonia level was in the normal range.  This is not what we had as the normal range but she said your body makes ammonia so the level will fluctuate up and down so I guess we'll stop worrying about that.

Tom, Cathy, Jenn and I shared a wonderful homemade dinner last night and Cathy is on her way to the hospital right now with breakfast from Cracker Barrel!  I absolutely have to go to the Y in the morning!

Remember this Good Friday and all Easter weekend what Christ gave up for us: 

John 3:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

16 "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment