Saturday, April 2, 2011

Evening of day 10

This is Cathy. Today has been a difficult day. We've had conflicting doctor reports. It is sometimes confusing for us to understand the complexity of Tom's condition. He had an ok day. The evenings and nights he seems to be confused.
The doctor was clear that it would be ok to spend the night at home now. He stressed how important it is for Jeanne to get a good nights sleep and take care of herself. You'd think we would be elated; however, it is very difficult to leave him. As hard as it has been to spend 10 days and nights in the CCU waiting room, there is comfort knowing he is just down the hall. So, the three of us prayed about it and decided that Jeanne will go home tonight and Debbie and I will stay the night. It comforts Jeanne to know we are here. Please pray that Jeanne sleeps peacefully tonight.
Please pray that Tom's ammonia level goes down and his liver function improves. (a note: One of the doctor's told us the saying "I love you with all my heart" should really be "I love you with all my liver" because the liver does so much for the body. It performs approx. 250 functions for the body).
Lastly, please pray that Tom has a better day tomorrow. We are all weary after today. I know that Tom's condition staying the same is not a bad thing but we would love to see some steps forward tomorrow.
Praying for God's peace that passes all understanding... Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I, and the kids, have been, and will continue to pray for all of you. Chris and I are now raising our family less than 100 yards from a spot that Tom and I went camping with my parents, many years ago. May His peace be with all of you!

    Michael (Jerry), Chris, David, and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be sure of my daily prayer for all 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete