Sunday, April 10, 2011

RESTFUL DAY

It's been a restful day today.  Tom has napped on and off and I managed a nap too as we watched a great Masters tournament.

The PCP on call indicated Tom is "holding his own on paper" so I guess the numbers are OK.  Our nurse has struggled trying to get them printed out for us today and now that it is shift change, I'm not sure we're going to get them tonight . . . but I'm going to try.

My plan is still to go home for the night.  We have a good tech who was with us the first night in this room.  He is very efficient so in that respect, I know Tom will be in good hands.  It will be as hard to leave him tonight as it was the first night I left the hospital when he was in CCU.

I'm pretty sure Tom will have dialysis again tomorrow.  I don't know what time he will go or how long he will be there.  We were told that the dialysis team usually gets the patients by noon and dialysis can last about 4 hours.  So, if you don't get a mid-day post tomorrow, you'll know why.  I will be here early to hopefully see his regular kidney doctor and have something to report in the morning. 

Until then, please keep praying.  We are certainly not out of the woods.  We need the kidneys to start working on their own and we need the liver to keep improving.  These are both critical.  Everything else seems to be steady, and we are incredibly thankful for that.

2 comments:

  1. And thanks to a most attentive wife & assembled crew, Tom is one day closer to going home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Horizons is praying for you both, Jeanne, and especially that you can get some sleep! I know that nightly parade routine well from when I stayed in Rachel's room for her 2 surgeries. A hospital is no place to rest, as you already know! I'm sure the dialysis will help move things in the right direction. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete