Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A NEW CHAIR

When I visited with Tom at lunch today, he had a new chair.  This one is not as low as the recliner that is in his room - now we have more seating for guests.  Tom spent some time in it this afternoon and also walked around his room a little bit.  He sat in it again this evening.  His back is really hurting and so are his muscles.  The docs do not want to give him anything for pain because it will add stress to his liver.  The soreness plus the itching makes him pretty miserable.  I fear it will be another long night.  This type of itching does not respond to cortisone or Benedryl cream, even though we have both.  If they could give him something to sleep, that would help too but won't do that either.

Overall Tom seems to be doing better.  I think moving around more really helps.  He would like to be able to go to his next stop by this weekend but that may be just a little too soon.  I would love that too - especially if they put him in the rehab center near the house, which is my first choice.  They were recommended by several people and I have a friend who was there after hip replacement surgery.  It's supposed to be pretty nice but I won't be able to stay and Tom will have a roommate - don't know if he will like that! 

I will be staying at the hospital again tonight but will be home tomorrow night.  We are really looking forward to having Tom's sister Cathy and our niece Jennifer in town tomorrow.  Cathy's husband, Dave, will be here this weekend. 

I'm going to try to get to work early enough to attend chapel in the morning so don't panic if you don't have a post until mid-morning.

We thank you for your continued prayers.  God's blessings on you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment