Tuesday, April 5, 2011

STATUS QUO

Well, not much new to report tonight.  I got back to the hospital a little after 4 p.m.  I will say it is great to work so close!  The nurses have been nice to let me hang out in Tom's room all evening.  So I've kept busy responding to some e-mails and such for work and I ordered 2 new toilets online!  Being the procrastinator that I am, I will also try to figure out how to file an income tax extension since ours are not done and I don't want to have to try to get them done in the next week or so - that's just too much pressure for me :-)

I've heard from Tom's sister Debbie and they made it home safely.  Thanks for your prayers.  I am already looking forward to having Debbie and my niece back on Friday.  Tom's going to get awfully bored with me I think.

I just know you are anxious to hear what Tom is having for dinner . . . his menu has been upgraded again so tonight it is chicken pot pie (a little soupy), green beans and mashed potatoes.  It looked so good, I went to the cafe here to see if I could get the same thing.  I ended up with green beans and mac & cheese.  Tom wanted me to eat with him but I am not allowed to bring in food.

Tom has had a couple of meds to help with his blood clotting and they are giving him a diuretic tonight to help with the fluid retention and swelling.  This will hopefully help the kidney function too.  I think I posted earlier that the liver is improving but the Bilirubin is a bit higher.  Please pray that this will start to go down on its own or the doctors will find out why it is going up and be able to fix it easily.  I talked with Tom's nurse to get her feedback and she said he is improving, it's just going to take time.  He's been quite sleepy tonight. He's trying to stay awake so that he will sleep better tonight.  I offered to aggravate him to try to keep him awake!!! 

I've been a little lax on reading my daily devotions lately so getting back into my routine this morning I picked up one of my favorite books "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  I turned to the devotion for March 24 which was the day we arrived at the emergency room.  I'd like to share it with you:

"This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go:  of loved ones, of possessions, of control.  In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete.  Take time to bask in the Light of My Love.  As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care.

You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence.  The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes:  I am the same yesterday, today, and forever.  As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand.  Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you."

Psalm 89:15; Hebrews 13:8; Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment