Saturday, April 9, 2011

DIALYSIS

Tom is having dialysis.  He was quite anxious about going too.  This first session is scheduled to be 2 hours.  I don't know anything about dialysis so I don't know how long it will take before we know if it is working.  I guess his blood work may show something in the morning.  Based on what the kidney doctor said, Tom may have 3 or more sessions of dialysis but I don't know if they will be 3 days in a row or what.  I don't think he's getting physical therapy today.  I really wish he would.  I will talk to his doctor about this next week.  He was really much more alert after being up yesterday and it helps to clear the cobwebs.

We made it through the night however we've only had about 2 hours of sleep.  If he wasn't sick, I would think Tom is just messing with me.  We'd get all settled down and then he would ask me for something.  Between that and the nurses and techs coming in, there was really no rest except from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m.  So we both would love to take a nice long nap today - don't know if that's going to happen (at least for me) - he's probably taking his during dialysis. 

The on-call stomach doctor has been in this morning and only reported that the kidney numbers are a bit higher (which is not good).  So, we are still hoping and praying that dialysis will get them going again.

We're still enjoying our nice big room.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Passing another benchmark and getting closer to heading to the house!! Prayin, ptayin, prayin....
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like one of the VIP rooms. Continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete