Monday, April 4, 2011

NOT REALLY AN UPDATE

Just checking in to let you know how much fun it is to sit in the waiting room or Tom's room and wait . . . NOT!

Tom's kidney doctor came in briefly this morning and said his kidney function was not as good as it was on Friday.  This was, of course, disappointing.  The doctor said there is really no way to determine exactly why so I think they are going to change his antibiotics to see what that does.  He said it's just a hit and miss kind of thing.  Don't have any more test results yet.  Tom's PCP came in briefly while Tom was getting physical therapy.  I was quite upset that no one told me.  The doctor could not stay long and said he would come back at lunch so I verified that they knew to call me when he returned.

Physical Therapy:  Tom had his first physical therapy appointment today.  He stood up!  I was not in the room so when I returned I asked him how it went.  He said "not too good".  I asked why and he said he got lightheaded.  I told him that was expected and it was OK.  They sat him down and stood him back up again.  I know that must have felt great.  They encouraged him to move his legs which would help the blood circulation and swelling.  Overall I think he was pretty happy. 

Hopefully they will call soon and I can get some more information from the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment