Friday, April 15, 2011

"HE'S GETTING BETTER"

Yes, those were the words right out of his PCP's mouth today at lunch.  He seemed encouraged that the kidney numbers were down and the Bilirubin was down (which he thought might be a result of dialysis).  I asked about the liver enzymes being elevated and he said it might just be the cells regenerating - sounded great to me.  I also asked about his hernia and it's status.  The doc said they are just watching it but they really can't do anything until Tom is better in the other areas.  Makes me wonder if he might go to rehab and possibly home before having surgery?!?!

Anyway, it looked to me like Tom was getting another rash of some sort with itching but the doc thinks it might be the jaundice.  His PCP has weekend duty so we should see him tomorrow and Sunday.  Tom did not have dialysis today but may have it tomorrow.  If it's a long session, I'll go for some "retail therapy".  He is supposed to have physical therapy this afternoon and his doc said he could get it over the weekend too.

The doc said he might be yellow for a while - as long as he continues to improve, I can handle the yellow - Tom can just wear sunglasses all the time.

Needless to say, it is a happy afternoon.  There is no question our prayers and petitions are being heard so please continue!

1 comment: