Monday, April 25, 2011

"REMARKABLE"

This is the word of the day from the kidney doctor.  Tom's kidney numbers, liver enzymes, bilirubin, and white blood cell count are all down!  The kidney doctor seems to be quite amazed at Tom's recovery.  I hope I see his PCP at lunch today and get more good news.

Tom seems to be sleeping better and gets up on his own if he needs to.  He continues to gain strength and fine tune his mobility.  He didn't seem interested in eating breakfast this morning so I made him promise me he would order something healthy - I wonder how that will turn out?!?!

Tom is making plans to come home and wants to make sure I have all of the supplies he will need when he gets there.  I told him I would go by the medical supply store on the way over at lunch to pick up a couple of things he's requested.  I'm sure we will be provided with everything we need but if it makes him feel better that we already have them, then that's what I'll do.  I think we're both beyond tired of the hospital so maybe we'll get a change of scenery very soon!

1 comment: