Thursday, April 14, 2011

MORNING & MID-DAY POST

Sorry you've not heard from us today.  I was super busy with Tom when I got here this morning and then needed to hit the ground running when I got to the office to catch up on a few things. 

When I left this morning the team was not sure if Tom was going to have dialysis.  They wanted him to go ahead and eat just in case.  I brought him a ham/egg/cheese burrito from Sonic so at least he had a good breakfast.  He did have (or is having) dialysis.  I called about 11:30 to see if he was back in his room and he wasn't.  I thought by now he would be here but his room is empty and quiet so I thought I would stay and write this post because when I get back to work, it will be busy, busy again.

Tom said his night was hectic - I'm not surprised.  He thought he might have a heat rash on his back this morning but I think it was just some of the stuff he was laying on.  I fixed that for him and then added some lotion and a back rub and all was good.  My morning began with 2 puppies licking my face and eating my hair!

I haven't met with any of Tom's doctors today so I don't have a "medical" update to provide.  Maybe later.

Now might be a good time to mention that Tom doesn't know about this blog (at least I don't think he does).  I told our family when we set it up that if Tom survives this ordeal, I won't - when he finds out about this blog.  If you know him, you know he is a very private person so this is not something that will make him happy even though it has been great for the rest of us.  I told him I was originally sending e-mails to key folks in each area of our lives to help spread the word (which is true).  I'm certain he thought at that time that I was blowing everything out of proportion.  The word "blog" has slipped out a few times in conversation but hopefully he hasn't caught on.  I hope that when this is over, the posts and especially the comments will help him understand how sick he was and also how much we love him/care for him/pray for him.  Maybe then he will forgive me :-)  But, I'm prepared to deal with it!

He's not back so I think I'll go get some lunch and head back to work.  I'll be here tonight and will post again this evening.

1 comment:

  1. It has to be hectic for you...like a classic definition of wearing different hats. This blog does take some of your time, but in the long run it minimizes incoming calls from those of us out here concerned over Toms health, and that gives Tom more of your time which I know is important to both of you. I wish I could be there to help. That can't happen, but prayer does...and I can pray!

    ReplyDelete