Monday, April 11, 2011

DIALYSIS SESSION 2

Dialysis today went well.  Tom is more tired than last time.  I was here briefly at lunch and was able to catch his PCP for a quick update.  The numbers he provided were the same as the numbers we had Saturday so I'm not sure if they really didn't change or if he was quoting Saturday numbers.  I have requested the current numbers from his RN so hopefully I'll get them.  Although the kidney numbers went down after Saturday's dialysis, they were back up on Sunday.  His PCP said they would plan a few sessions of dialysis to see how the kidneys respond.  Tom said he has it again tomorrow. 

I'm still hoping physical therapy will come back this evening since Tom was not available the first time they came by.  I'll be pretty upset if they just skip it - he needs it.  I did verify with his PCP that the exertion of PT was not hurting anything and he agrees that it is a good thing.  I'm sure Tom appreciates me forcing the issue too.

I managed to get his work-related paperwork completed today with the exception of one tax form.  Why is it always the tax forms that intimidate me.  That is on my schedule for tonight.

They are predicting storms in Nashville for tonight - it is raining right now so we may end up in the hall if there is a tornado warning.  For that reason, I'm glad I'm spending the night here.

If I get any more news worthy information, I'll post again later. 

2 comments:

  1. Once again Jeanne, I so appreciate the blog and what you are doing for Tom. I know he's special to you, and you know he's special to me. I also know with you keeping tabs on all that you do that he is getting all of the very best that there is. Thank you, thank you, thank you....
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete