Thursday, April 7, 2011

NOT MUCH CHANGE

Not much has changed today.  Tom's amonia level is the same as yesterday.  His white blood cell count is down just a little bit so that is good news.  One of the liver numbers is the same, the other is up a little but he's holding steady for the most part.

The new antibiotic that I'm hoping is causing grief for the kidneys was started on the 29th.  We didn't actually notice the rash until Tuesday the 5th so it's a bit doubtful that is the cause but you never know.  The nurse commented that the kidney doctor was very smart so hopefully he'll come up with a cause and solution very soon!

Tom has taken some very good naps today.  I told him he might want to find something to do since he'll probably be up all night.  I even took a 20 minute nap myself.  He woke up when the nurse came in - he responds much better to the nurses than he does to me - I'm OK with that for now. 

I really want to see Tom stand up so I'm going to rearrange my morning schedule a little tomorrow to see if I can be here when PT comes.  Don't be alarmed if you don't get an early morning post.  Maybe the dogs will let me sleep a few minutes extra too.  A good friend of mine went over to let them run around in the backyard this afternoon and to survey a tree limb that my neighbor said was in her yard.  Sure enough, we have a bit of a mess.  It hit the fence and did some damage but it should be easily fixed.  I got online and asked my Sunday School class for some help to get rid of the limb and of course they stepped up immediately.  But my friend was able to arrange for our lawn service (who was there at the time) to remove the limb for me this weekend.  The dogs will love chewing on all of the small branches.  It's been dark when I leave home and get back home and I never noticed a huge limb hanging on the back fence!!

The weather is getting warmer here again so I've enlisted the help of my neighbors to let the dogs out to run around in the yard for a few hours during the day.  They really love it outside and enjoy laying in the sunshine.  Maybe they will work off some of that puppy energy too!

They really don't want Tom to have anything in his room like flowers or cards.  I am going to bring all of the cards we've received so far to him this weekend so he can read through them.  His 2-year old second cousin sent a precious piece of artwork that he colored for Tom.  I couldn't resist hanging it in his room.  The nurses have been admiring it so I guess it's going to get to stay!

Please pray for Debbie, my niece Abby and her friend as they travel back to Nashville tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Praising God for all of you!

2 comments:

  1. I can't talk big enough to tell you how important this blog is Jeanne. I feel that I can almost touch you 2. It really helps me understand what is happening on that end. It is frustrating here, not being able to be there. I pray that God's strength continues through you as Tom continues to heal...
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you both, Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete