Friday, April 8, 2011

ROOM 6110

Hallelujah!  We are in a real room, it's big, with windows, and a large private bath.  There is also a cot for me to sleep on since Tom has requested I stay here.  He's still in isolation so I'll have to see if it's OK if I can spend the night.  There is a desk area, a recliner and a regular chair.  Can you tell we are excited?!?  The TV is pretty nice too.

What an eventful day.  After standing, and then sitting in a chair for an hour, Tom took a field trip to Radiology to get a cath line installed for dialysis.  They are not going to start dialysis tonight but he is supposed to have it first thing in the morning.  Hopefully Tom will be able to sleep through the night. 

Right now they are giving him a "normal" IV to replace his pic line.  So back to being a pin cushion.  We're waiting for shift change so we can meet his nurse and pepper him/her with questions.

Tom has been waiting all day to watch the Nascar race.  Debbie and I are looking forward to it too :-/

1 comment:

  1. I know you're all excited..I can tell. just don't plant any roots there..It is "public housing", and it won't be long before you're back at home!! God Bless all of you ;-)
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete