Monday, April 18, 2011

"GETTING BETTER"

Words this morning from the kidney doctor!!  Tom will not be having dialysis today either - more good news.  Even though his kidney numbers are up slightly (which means the kidneys are not getting rid of the poison ) the doc decided to wait and see what the numbers show tomorrow morning.  I think the kidneys are getting rid of some poison, just not enough.  If the numbers were really elevated then Tom would be having dialysis so I think it is good they are holding off.  That means Tom will get some much needed physical therapy today.  He's had a good breakfast so should have some energy to "work out".  He really wanted to sit in a chair this morning so he'll be doing that too!

I think Tom had an OK night.  I was really concerned when I left because he had my least favorite RN and a new tech that didn't seem really helpful.  One of the "regular" techs was also there, Tom really likes him, so I think he helped Tom last night.  I don't think the puppies and I moved at all!  I'm feeling pretty good this morning and told Tom I would stay with him tonight and tomorrow night.

One of the better RN's is on duty today and I practically begged her for Tom's stats.  The "weekender" nurses didn't really know how to pull the numbers so hopefully some time today I'll get them.  The kidney doctor also said Tom's bilirubin is down some more - I want to see how much!!  The RN said the wound is looking better today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment