Friday, April 1, 2011

Goodnight

Jeanne asked me to post tonight. (This is Cathy). Tom is staying awake for longer periods of time and wants Jeanne to stay with him. :) We received the results of his blood tests from this morning: his liver function is improving and his ammonia level continues to go down. That is good news! He is still very yellow and his bilirubin has increased slightly. Our prayer today (and the doctors focus) is on getting his ammonia level down.

Tom is thankful to begin a liquid diet. For dinner he had broth, jello and tea...yum! He also is enjoying popsicles and sprite. All three of us (Jeanne, Debbie and I) are encouraged that we can spend more time with him while he is awake. He has been sleeping for so many days it has been difficult (as his sisters) to resist painting his nails! For those who know Debbie, no, she did not paint his nails. She has behaved in spite of it being April Fools Day.

We continue to meet some wonderful people in the CCU waiting room. They have been a blessing to us. I cannot even begin to thank Jeanne's and Tom's coworkers, church family and friends for their visits, meals, texts, phone calls, cards...I could go on and on. Debbie and I are also thankful for our family and our friends "back home" for lifting us all in prayer.

Please pray that Tom's ammonia levels continue to go down and join us in thanking God for His mercy and comfort during this time. We thank God for you!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading all these posts full of good news! I can't believe you and Debbie are behaving yourselves so well. Although I am a little disappointed that there is no April Fools Day story from Debbie this year!

    We are praying for all of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad (and a little surprised) that you've been able to keep Debbie in check on Aprils Fools Day. However Cathy, may I remind you that it was you who locked me out of the bathroom in Woodstock on the morning of 4/1, not Debbie. So the question is who is keeping Cathy in check ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all......Understand that I was not the April Fools prankster.....it was Cathy!!!

    ReplyDelete