Sunday, April 24, 2011

FRESH AIR

Yes, Tom finally got to go outside today.  Even though there was not a really great place to take him, just seeing trees and grass seemed exciting.  Since I was "driving" I also took Tom by our little "homeless corner" in the CCU waiting room to show him where we camped out for so long - it almost seems like months ago that we were even there.  Then we traveled down the long hallway to the CCU door - he was very quiet.

After the trip outside, the afternoon was calm.  We both took a short nap, which was very nice.  I left the hospital about 5:45 this evening and have been running like crazy around the house, doing laundry, taking out the trash, eating dinner at home (which I haven't done in 4 1/2 weeks) and trying to get ready for the week. 

Tomorrow I'll try to catch Tom's PCP to see if I can get a plan from him on our next steps - i.e. can Tom go home (or to a rehab facility) soon?  As well has he has been doing, I wouldn't be surprised if they let him come straight home - at least until the surgery.

I keep asking that you continue to pray.  Tom still has a long road ahead and needs your prayers for complete healing - he also has surgery sometime in the future so we still have to get through that.  I am so humbled by all you have done for us - physically and spiritually.  I wish there was some way to repay all of you.  Please know that you are in my prayers also.

No comments:

Post a Comment