Thursday, April 7, 2011

DAY 15

It's hard to believe we've been in CCU 15 days.  Seems more like 25.  Tom was sleeping when I came in this morning but tends to be taking micro-naps more than sleeping.  He said he didn't sleep too good last night and has a headache this morning.  Breakfast will probably take care of it. 

One of the things I really enjoy is taking kickbox and body pump classes at the Y.  I haven't done this since we've been here, I miss them and my friends there, but here is where I need to be.  This morning, at 4 a.m. my cell phone rang.  I had been up about 3:15 or so to let the dogs out so I wasn't quite back to sleep yet.  I ran to answer the phone and it was Tom.  He wanted me to bring him some caffine-free, diet Mt. Dew!  I told him it would probably be a couple of hours before I got there and he said that would be OK.  He actually has some Mt. Dew in his room but he couldn't get to it.  Needless to say, I've had a 60-minute cardio workout today since it took at least that long to get my heart rate to slow down again!  I was pretty proud of myself for not crying in relief.  Those of you who have been around me lately know I cry easily and often.   

I've not seen any doctors yet but I already know his kidney function is down a bit again today.  Not great news but something we just have to deal with.  They continue to give him fluids and a diuretic.  His amonina level has not changed from yesterday - they are still giving him medicine for this but not as often.  I did find out that his white blood cell count was down yesterday which is good news.

Please continue to pray that Tom's liver function will keep improving and that the kidney function will turn back around.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and encouraging comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment