Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ALWAYS CALL FIRST

Lesson learned.  I need to call before coming over for lunch to make sure Tom is back from dialysis.  So I'm sitting in his room alone eating lunch and watching HGTV!

I've got enough food to feed a family of 5 and I have verified it is something Tom can eat so hopefully he'll be happy about having food not on his regular menu.

He's back from dialysis and a little bit tired - but he's eating lunch so that's great.  His nurse is checking on PT so hopefully he'll have that today too.

Our puppies (Fritzi and Finley) had their first play-date this morning with Ollie from across the street.  My photographer neighbor was able to capture our dogs in motion - something I have been unable to do, and they all had a great time.  They get another play-date this afternoon.  Those of you who know me, know that any animals of ours are very, very, very spoiled!

I'll head home after work to unpack and re-pack for another night on the hospital cot.  If it's like last night and we get some sleep - I can do it.  After a couple of nights, I'll go home just so the puppies remember who I am.

Need to head back to work and to my wonderful friends there.  I had the opportunity to see some work friends this morning that I had not seen since all of this started.  They were so encouraging to me and I feel honored that we continue to be in their prayers.

Until later . . .

1 comment:

  1. I remember incoming phone calls when I did my turn in the hospital. They always come when I was sleeping, eating or out of reach of the phone. So, you'll notice I don't call very much. To that end I had a wrong number call last night ay 11:00PM. I think it was around 2 when I got back to sleep. Be sure that Nashville is never out of my mind.....

    ReplyDelete