Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tom stood up!

Yes, you read that correctly. Tom actually stood up two times during his physical therapy assessment. I wish I had been here to see it! They changed his wound vac too, that didn't seem to be a problem for him. He says his whole body hurts so they have given him some pain medicine. He ate a pretty good dinner and is napping now. We were blessed with a visit from our friends Bob and Emily from Sunday School. It was so good to visit with them and they sure lifted our spirits. Emily also helped me choose some potential rehab places - she is an occupational therapist! They made the rounds to our Sunday School members in the hospitals. The Phinney family continues to improve. Their oldest daughter is recovering from surgery and I understand it's like a party in her room. Rebecca had surgery today, she has two broken legs and two broken arms so she's on the long road of recovery with us. Our prayers for them are surely being answered. I ask that you continue praying. I think the physical therapy gave Tom some confidence but I am staying the night with Tom as promised. I will probably miss Dr. Rutland tomorrow since I need to be at work early. I'm anxious to know what the plan is for getting rid of the fluid. Thank you for reading and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment