Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good afternoon

It's another beautiful day in Nashville. Had some rain last night, which we needed. Tom continues to do as well as he can - being in the hospital. His hematocrit was 24 this morning so he is getting some blood right now. His lunch has arrived but he seems to be having trouble staying awake long enough to eat it. PT came by just as they were hanging the blood. I don't think they will "make it" back, Tom said they will :-) They are still having trouble finding a SNF bed. Apparently they don't like the diagnosis of the leg infection and that is causing some problems. I asked Tom to see if they can just go ahead and give him some extra PT while he is here. He told me he is handling it. He continues to work on his upper body strength. He is doing the exercises they gave him to do in the bed, I wish he could do more with his legs. He simply needs to get up on his feet and start moving! I feel like the only person who is concerned about it! It is very frustrating. My sister is coming to Nashville today for a conference, I'm very excited about the opportunity to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment