Friday, May 4, 2012

Change of address

So much for the swanky hospital room, Tom is in ICU. His BP is very low and heart rate is very high. There is a spot on his leg that is getting worse before my eyes. It was just red this morning, now it is black and blue. It is my opinion that the nurse in the ER aggravated it this morning, I'm not getting agreement on that from anyone else but it looks bad! They keep touching it and pressing on it too which is killing Tom. When I got in to his cube, he appeared to be sleeping but I told him I was there anyway. He opened his eyes and told me he was "fine". They are getting ready to put in a pic line and give him some more antibiotics (he's had one dose already). I've met with several docs here in ICU, they asked lots of questions about the shunt. I have strongly suggested they call and confer with Tom's docs in the liver center about it. I know they have been in touch with Rutland. They have not said anything about the MRI results, they may not be available yet. I guess at some point on that trip, Tom's BP dropped. His heart rate had been high since he got here. They've kicked me out to out in the pic line. It will take about an hour so back to the waiting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment