Friday, May 11, 2012

A new bed

They just delivered a new bed for Tom. This one is fluffier and has more adjustments so they can "turn" Tom so he is not laying in one position all the time. It was quite an ordeal and Tom was wide awake when it was all over. I asked him if he wanted me to take everyone out and he nodded yes. There were tears in his eyes again which tore me up but we got through it. I asked him if he knew where he was and he shook his head no. I went through the story but I know he won't remember. The respiratory therapist was here when they moved him so I was glad he could check and make sure everything was ok. He also told me they were going to try to take him off the vent tomorrow so that's great news. One of the nurses asked if we had kids, I told her we had two puppies. That got Tom's attention. I asked him if he missed the dogs, he nodded yes. I told him they missed him too but they were fine and it wouldn't be long before he saw them again. They've given Tom some morphine so he's asleep. I turned on the TV so he could sleep to the race tonight. Please, please pray for strength for Tom to endure this setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment