Monday, May 14, 2012

OFF THE VENT!!!!!

Praise the Lord, the vent is out. The first thing Tom said was "can I have some ice cream?". So, we're starting with ice chips for tonight. Thank you for your prayers to have the vent removed. His wound vac was changed this afternoon too. It looks better or neater to me. Still pretty big. I didn't get to talk to Dr. Rosen but the nurse said he didn't have anything in the notes about having to trim it again or anything. I think Tom will have to stay in ICU for at least 48 hours after the vent is removed. He's not getting any pain medicine or sedative so although that's good, it may not make tonight very restful. They gave him some morphine before the wound vac change so he probably still has some of that in his system. He wants to talk. Hard to believe if you know Tom. I can't believe it doesn't hurt more. I bet it will tomorrow! He asked if I would sit with him. I told him I would as long as I could. He wanted to know if someone else would sit with him, I told him the nurses were five feet away and his room is right in front of the nurses station. Gotta feed him ice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment