Thursday, May 31, 2012

A possible move

One of the skilled nursing facilities is working on getting insurance approval to accept Tom. He could be moving as soon as today. It is, of course, the greatest distance from both work and home but we'll deal with it somehow. It is still possible for another facility to get a bed too but I'm guessing they will jump at the first one. Tom has a lot more swelling in his legs which makes me nervous. I won't even ask about it because I know I'll get the same story. I had hoped the blood he got yesterday would help. When I was here at lunch yesterday, I got detained helping PT get Tom out of the bed. He took about 4-5 steps forward and then backwards to the bed. He was very determined to get up and did a great job. It's really hard to watch him struggle. We take it for granted just getting up and walking. It seems so easy to do but hard for me to accept that he just can't do it. Tom's WBC is 14.6 today and his hematocrit is up to 29, both good. Would love to see the WBC at 10 but it's moving in that direction. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the "walking thing". I see Adam at age 4 struggle to understand why grandpa needs a walker and a wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete