Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Room 8618

This is Tom's new home. I don't think we've been here so we have a new set of nurses and techs to train. His room is in the corner and he will be able to see out of the windows while he is lying in bed which might be nice (including a view of Krispy Kreme). They chose lunch time as the time to move so now half of his lunch will be cold. I did not plan to spend this much time here. On they finally got him up to his new room, he fell asleep. I met his nurse, Leah. She said she would take good care of him. I told her I would be back later and would spend the night. Tom told me he saw his leg and said it didn't look to good to him. I showed him what the sponge looks like and how it works. I told him it would be that way for "weeks". I'm still not sure he has grasped all of it but that's ok. He is supposed to have a physical therapy evaluation this afternoon. I have a list of skilled nursing facilities and rehab places from which to choose. I am supposed to choose 3 of each. Where he goes will be determined by his capabilitiese when he is discharged from the hospital. None of the intense rehab places are close to home. I'll have to research the others. One is in Baptist Hospital so that may be my first choice. I'm back at work - just wanted to finish this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment