Friday, May 25, 2012

Out of surgery

Dr. Rosen just met with me. He said Tom is out of surgery and did really well. They closed up almost the entire wound except for one small area! He will continue to have the wound vac. The way Dr. Rosen described how the sponge placement would work going forward will be very painful so please pray that we can all help Tom with pain management. The dressing will still be changed three times a week. As much as I don't want Tom to be "in the hospital" another holiday weekend, he won't be home either. Closer to home would be nice but I wouldn't necessarily mind him staying here for the next couple of days because of the changes. Dr. Rosen assured me that any SNF will have a wound team so I will continue praying that God will put Tom where he needs to be. I was really hoping to be back at work by now but will wait until Tom comes back from recovery. I should have plenty of time "sitting around" this weekend to get my "to do" list done. I'm back in his room which has a better Internet connection so that will help! I'll post again later and let you know how Tom is doing. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment