Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lunch update

Not much has changed. Tom is napping most of the time. I was able to get him to drink a protein shake. The nurse drew blood to test his ammonia because he is so lethargic but his ammonia level was 22, which is good. If you call his name, he will open his eyes but not for long. It's just going to take some time. This nurse today is not my favorite, his room was a mess and he just doesn't look as comfortable. She's the one who chased me out this morning so I know I'll have to leave at 6 on the dot tonight. She's not had Tom as a patient before so she doesn't know us. They are allowing him liquids to "eat". I tried giving him some juice and jello but he fell back asleep. Dr. Rutland was here when I came back in for official visiting hours this morning. He said Tom was doing well. I guess they will continue to change the wound vac every other day. Dr. Rutland thought they might move Tom out of ICU tomorrow. Tom was more alert so I didn't ask how long he thought "we" would be here. I'm sure he wouldn't have told me anything anyway or said something like "a while". I'll rush back after work to spend as much time with him as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment