Sunday, May 6, 2012

No changes today

Nothing has changed since I left earlier today. They finished giving Tom 2 units of blood. They have not adjusted the presser med or his oxygen. His nurse said his pulses were good - they measure that in his feet and ankles. I noticed this morning there were black dots on his feet and got concerned. They have marked where to measure his pulses which they do with a Doppler. Tom opened his eyes when I was here earlier. It was a "just woke up" kind of look but he wrinkled his forehead too. I just talked to him and told him to rest - the nurse said he hasn't opened his eyes again. I did take that as a good sign. Tom really hasn't had any nourishment so the nurse said they are going to talk about that tomorrow and determine whether they will feed him through the tube in his throat or his veins. I really hope he will be able to simply eat, but tomorrow may be too soon. I keep saying that on TV they fix really sick people all the time in 60 minutes with commercials . . . What gives? (that is a joke). Still, this waiting is brutal. Normally when Tom is in the hospital, I visit him before I go to work, at lunch, and after work. Since I cannot visit between 6-8 am, I will go to work in the morning and then head over for an early lunch. I want to try and catch Dr. Rutland for an update and he usually comes over between 11 and 1. That's one of the challenges - catching all the docs for a update because there are so many, they come at different times and it's not consistent. We always see his kidney doctor about 7 in the morning, I like that! Tom did have some visitors today. Some good friends from Sunday School came by and I think his friend Dave might have come by also. I feel bad for not being here. I know Tom will appreciate hearing that they came by. Tom has really not minded visitors (when he is alert) as much as I thought he would. I would imagine he gets pretty bored and it's hard that I can't be here all the time. So many of his good friends live all over the southeast, it's not like they can just pop over! Please continue to pray for healing and strength. I know I keep asking but it truly carries us through each day. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment