Saturday, May 5, 2012

Improving some more

Well Tom seems to be improving. His blood pressure looks great and they've even backed off of the pressers quite a bit today. He's down to 40% oxygen too. He is receiving 5, yes 5, different antibiotics! He is also getting something way more powerful tha morphine for pain. His heart rate is still high because of the infection. I'm still in shock how all of this came about so quickly and try not to think what would have happened if he had stayed at home. I've been talking to him but he doesn't open his eyes or seem to hear. That's fine, I doubt he'll remember being here anyway. I'm hoping that since his BP is doing better he may get to come off the respirator tomorrow. I'd rather them be safe and keep him on it though. Hopefully the stillness is helping his back to heal. His nurse actually thanked me for not trying to wake him up! I don't want him to wake up, I know he is terrified. I wouldn't want to be alert either. Besides, I can't handle seeing that fear or his struggle to talk. He is better off sleeping. He will be awake soon enough. So, tomorrow's blood test results will be interesting after all of these antibiotics. It appears his kidneys are functioning fine which is good news. They will be kicking me out at 6. I'm looking forward to going home and getting some sleep. I'll be back in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment