Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On the move

It looks like Tom will be moving out of ICU today. We've met with Dr. Rutland and Dr. Nedermeyer and they both agree that Tom is ready to move. They also advanced his menu so he is waiting on some eggs. He is still lethargic but knows most of what is going on. He wants me here all the time so he gets upset when I tell him I have to go to work. I told him when he moved into a regular room that I would spend a few nights with him so I guess that will start tonight. His coordination is a little off so he needs some help eating. That help is pretty available right now but will be more of a challenge in a regular room. I asked about physical therapy and that might start today too. They will be changing his wound vac sometime today so he will probably be out of it this evening. He is not complaining of any pain, his stats are good. Dr. Rutland even told him he was doing extremely well considering what he has been through. Tom's response was "that is good to hear". He's much more alert so I'm encourage by that. I know the morphine they give him this afternoon will knock him out again but hopefully he'll continue to make progress. So many people have asked me how I do it, well, I really don't. Your prayers and God's strength give me just enough for each day. Like manna. I was praying for strength even as I walked down the hall to Tom's room. It is moment by moment. I probably experience just about ever emotion at some point every day, negative and positive. It is not fun or easy. Thank goodness for the encouragement of our family and friends! Pray on!

No comments:

Post a Comment