Thursday, May 10, 2012

Responding to me

This afternoon Tom opened his eyes wide and seemed to focus on me. He just mouthed "home" and had tears in his eyes. Yes, there are tears in my eyes too. I told him what was going on and everything was going to be ok, at this point i doubt he really believes me. I know he won't remember this but it is still heart wrenching. I've turned on the tv for him to sleep to. I have signed the forms for him to have surgery sometime tomorrow. They will clean his leg wound and replace the wound vac. He will, of course, be more sedated but after a couple of days I'm really hoping they will take him off the vent. His BP, temp, and everything still look really good. I just need for him to stay asleep. It's too hard to explain all of this and I know he will just be more upset. The nurses have told him the same things, he probably handles it better coming from them instead of me. He looks a lot better than he did earlier today. His nurse, Linda, has taken good care of him today. The respiratory therapist comes in about every 3 hours to check on Tom's vent. They also listen to his lungs. I'll stick around a little longer today just in case Tom wakes up again. Otherwise, I'll post again tomorrow. No work for me tonight so I'm going to go to bed early - if the puppies let me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment