Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Surgery tomorrow

Dr. Rosen came by and changed out Tom's wound vac today. He called me after that and told me the wound looked great and was healing well. He wants to take Tom to surgery tomorrow and pull it together a little to help speed up the healing process. That will happen tomorrow afternoon. So, Tom's departure from the hospital will be delayed until Friday or early next week. That will actually be good because there is no available bed in our first three choices. Hopefully one will open up by then. Pray for Tom, he is a bit scared since the anesthesiologist came in and told him he would be on a ventilator again. I told Tom that was normal and not to worry; it would be different this time and it would be out when he woke up (I hope I'm right about that). He will still have the wound vac. Dr. Rosen is trying to do everythting he can to help Tom be ready when it's time for a liver transplant. The social worker had called just before Dr. Rosen asking me to choose another SNF since our first 3 choices were full. I really didn't have a fourth so I got the list and started mapping out the other options. I found one that would work pretty well but by that time Dr. Rosen had called and the plans had changed. Who knows where he will end up! Tom cannot eat anything after midnight tonight so he will probably be pretty grumpy tomorrow (I know I would be). I'll post updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment