Friday, May 18, 2012

A busy afternoon

I thought Tom would be sleeping most of the afternoon and he had wanted to take a nap but apparently was pretty busy with folks running in and out. He is just now finishing up the second unit of blood. Physical therapy came in and showed him some exercises to do in bed and then made a list for us to practice so we'll do some of those tomorrow. Tom will have physical therapy tomorrow too. The cafeteria has been sending Tom "standard" trays so he's had lots of chicken and turkey. When I was here earlier, I called dietary and marked everything on the menu he was able to eat. Then I placed an order for his dinner. When I got here this evening, he had something totally different! I called back and asked about the dinner I ordered this afternoon because it was a lighter meal that Tom really preferred. We ended up with two of those so there were trays everywhere. We have kept a little off of each tray for Tom's dinner - so he's got lots of fruit to snack on tonight. Believe it or not, Tom's feet don't look as swollen this evening so I'm hoping and praying this fluid will start moving out. I think he's supposed to get another dose of lasix tonight so that will help too. Maybe they will start that soon so we don't have to deal with IV alarms tonight. Had enough equipment alarms last night. Although we have the same nurse we've had the past two nights, I really like the tech we have tonight. She seems very thorough. Tom is hurting some so may request a little pain medicine tonight. Hoping for peace, quiet and healing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment