Monday, May 7, 2012

ICU Day 4

Tom's WBC is down to 22.1 so he's making good progress there. His BP has been good, although he is still on the pressers. His heart rate is down to 79/80. He looks really swollen - even his arms and hands. His nurse (Thomas) said they would be addressing that today. It's due to low albumin - hopefully they will be able to give him some. I know it doesn't stay in his veins long, but it helps. They are giving him so much fluid with all of these antibiotics and other meds, they might just have to address one problem at a time. Thomas told me one doc has been in to look at his leg but had no other info. I woke up about midnight last night with a bad feeling. I kept waiting for the phone to ring. Even the dogs were restless. But, there was no problem. Yet more time wasted unnecessarily with worry. Fritzi might have an ear infection so I'll take her to the doctor tonight to get that checked out. That's probably why she was restless. I've managed to keep pretty busy when I'm at home, which should be wearing them out since they follow me everywhere. Last night I was moving pictures around - putting more holes in the walls. I'm trying to get Tom's "man cave" looking less like a storage room. When we remodeled the laundry room, there was no longer room for a couple of pictures so I'm making a place for them. I switched out some pictures in the family room and bedroom too! Everything was still hanging this morning so that's good! I guess I'll sign off for now, maybe then I'll get an update. I'll post as I receive info.

No comments:

Post a Comment