Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pressers back on

...but just a tiny little bit. Tom's BP dropped a little but is back up now. A couple of times today he was "breathing over the vent" which means he was breathing more times than what the vent was set to breathe for him. It is set for him to have 14 breaths. A couple of times it was up to 20. That's actually a good thing according to his nurse. So now I have a new graph to watch. They are giving him a little more "food" today so that's good. I keep looking at his leg, trying to get over the shock of the size of the wound. I need to ask the doctor how deep it is. I don't think it goes into the muscle or anything but I keep thinking the deeper it is, the more painful it will be not to mention the longer it will take to heal. Obviously it's deep enough for a wound vac. Nothing else has changed. I still don't have a chair. They did find me a stool to sit on - it's not very comfortable. I guess I need to spend more time here in order to get the recliner back. It looks like they are getting ready to start the remodel of ICU. I kind of wonder how they are going to pull that off and not disturb the patients. I don't exactly know what they are doing. I didn't think the cube/rooms were that bad. Tom has been in some patent rooms that could use some work though! I can't think of anything else to report on so I'll sign off. I'm just going to sit with Tom for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment