Thursday, May 24, 2012

SURGERY AT 11:30

They are supposed to come and get Tom for surgery at 11:30 today.  I don't know if I can make it back to the hospital by then but will go as soon as I can to be there when he comes out.  He is very apprehensive about it so please pray for peace.  It's almost better when they do the emergency thing, you don't have to sit and wait.

He wanted to look his best - this morning he asked me to wash his hair.  I also helped him shave and brush his teeth.  He looks great!

He is very thirsty.  I thought he would get a small sip of water when they gave him his medication this morning but they are holding that too so brushing his teeth helped him get a little relief for his dry mouth.

Dr. Rutland came in and said everything continues to look great.  They will keep him on the antibiotics for two weeks after his last procedure - hopefully today will be the last one for a while.  I suspect they will need to take him back to surgery eventually to close the wound or graft it or something. 

His hands and arms are no longer swollen but his legs and feet are.  One day they will look great and the next they will be swollen.  It's really weird. 

Physical Therapy will hopefully come in before surgery and get him on his feet.  He is so anxious to get up and move around but it is still very difficult for him. 

I'll update you again after the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment