Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 16

Do you believe Tom has been here 16 days!?! Dr. Rutland is on-call this weekend. Not much has changed. Tom's lower legs look a lot less swollen today. That's encouraging to both of us. He's getting ready to receive some IV antibiotics. I don't think he's had any lasix yet either so the nurse is supposed to check on that. I don't know what his blood tests from this morning show, I got the impression I was imposing when I asked about them. I left about 8:15 this morning and went straight to the Y for a kick-box class followed by a body pump class. I'm not sure where the energy came from but it felt good to work out. Then I went to get my nails done. I was trying not to feel guilty about not being at the hospital. When I called Tom, he told me Dennis had been by to visit for a couple of hours, so a big thank you to Dennis! Tom is definitely a lot more talkative. I'm not sure all of the cobwebs are cleared out yet from the sedative but that's ok. The nurse just gave him a big dose of pain med so Tom will probably be out the rest of the night. I'm not sure why he gave so much but whatever. I'm trying to get him to eat some dinner before he falls asleep. I'm anxious to find out who the night team will be, I like to review the "situation" with them if they are new. I will not be staying with Tom tonight, I'm looking forward to being at home and going to church in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment