Sunday, May 13, 2012

One more day

Well, Tom will have one more day on the vent. He did better today but had a couple of apnea instances so they stopped the test and will try again tomorrow. The respiratory therapist felt like tomorrow would be the day. They are weaning him off of as much of the pain meds as possible to get and keep him alert. That will make today and tonight very hard and very long. We both cried when they told us it would be another day. Tom grabbed me and just hugged me tight I hope all you moms are having a wonderful Mother's Day. It's a rainy one here in Nashville. It rained all night and it looks like its going to rain all day. The dogs refused to go outside, they are such divas. We didn't sleep as well last night, I kept waking up but that gave me a lot of opportunity to pray. When I got home last night, I had an email that a family in my Sunday School class had been involved in a head-on collision. Rebecca, the mother, had to be life-flighted to Vanderbilt, the other 5 family members arrived via ambulance. Their youngest is not hurt but the other three children have various broken bones. Their father has a broken leg. All I know so far is that Rebecca has two broken legs and a broken arm. I ask that you lift them up in prayer. My heart is heavy for them. It's really a struggle sometimes for my human brain to comprehend all of the suffering. I know God is with us all, He knows our pain and hears our prayers. I have to keep believing that good will come from it all. Tom is resting now, hopefully he will do that most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment