Saturday, May 5, 2012

Early update

Tom had a quiet night. I did not go in and out to see him. His nurse said he slept most of the night. This morning she gave him a bath and said that when he is alert, he will follow commands and stuff. They will do the breathing test this morning starting at 8 to see if they can remove the ventilator. The nurse doesn't think he will have a problem with breathing. She drew blood for labs so we're both anxious to see what those look like. His BP is better today (106/58) but she bumped up the presser just a little also. She changed his incision dressing 4 times overnight and says it still looks good. His heart rate is down from 135 to 97, but still high. I was fortunate to have a recliner in the waiting room which enabled me to get a few hours of sleep. There were only 3 of us to stay. The security officer was around often to check on us. I did not hear one "code blue" or ambulance. Just one helicopter. I don't wake Tom when I come in. I don't want him to try to talk and I don't want to see the pain in his eyes. It will be better when I come back and he is off the vent. I'm going to head home for a shower and clean clothes and get some love from the puppies. Thanks for praying us through the night.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne all my prayers are with you & Tom! Hang in there. Please let us know what you need us to help with as you know it.

    ReplyDelete