Thursday, May 17, 2012

A pretty good night . . . for Tom

Tom was able to get some sleep last night, deep sleep.  I wish I could say the same about me.  He was able to fall asleep so easily - sometimes in the middle of an answer to a question!  There were several visits from the nursing staff, which was OK.  He "woke up" about 1:30 and was pretty disoriented but I kind of thought that would be the case which is why I wanted to be there. 

I left pretty early this morning so he really wasn't even awake and probably won't remember me leaving.  I told him I would be back at lunch.  I hope he gets some physical therapy again today - they don't typically work with the patients that long but something is better than nothing.

I requested the wound vac folks come back and look at Tom's dressing.  Part of it was peeling off yesterday and although the "seal" wasn't broken, the edge of the incision was exposed and it made me very nervous.  Apparently there are no wound vac people in the hospital overnight.  They are going to need to make sure to seal that part of it better now that Tom is moving his legs around more.  If the seal breaks, the vac doesn't work and it will need to be changed again.  We will also need to understand how that works when showering.

I'll hopefully have some better info later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment