Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Birmingham

We made it to Birmingham yesterday afternoon. It was earlier than I had planned but worked out for the best. After all, nothing has gone according to MY plan anyway. Tom is doing ok. We were a little worried yesterday morning, Tom was pretty lethargic. Friday night, Tom fell in the kitchen while getting some juice. He hurt his back, bit his tongue and has a couple of cuts and scrapes. I called for lift assistance from our wonderful fire dept. but when they got to the house and saw Tom, they thought he should go to the hospital. They called for paramedics and an ambulance. Once they got Tom up and in a chair, he was looking and doing better so he decided not to go to the hospital. Other than a very sore back, he is ok. The back, however, has caused lots of mobility problems in that Tom cannot get up without assistance so I hardly left the house all weekend (but amazingly, got quite a bit done)! Yesterday morning when Tom woke up, he told me he was getting "that feeling" again, meaning confusion. He was not disoriented, only lethargic. I did some work and went to pick up a wheelchair I rented and we agreed to head down here. Honestly, I expected to go straight to the ER. Tom slept most of the way. When he woke up, he was quite alert. I asked him whether he wanted to go to the hospital or hotel, he chose hotel. He did really well all evening. Other than being up most every hour last night he is pretty alert this morning, when he's awake. I will wheel him over to the clinic shortly for lab work and then at 7:30 he is supposed to have the paracentesis. Then we will be done for the day. I so wish we could go home but have to stay for a follow up appointment tomorrow at noon. We continue to ask for your prayers for peace, patience, healing and God's timing. Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment