Thursday, May 31, 2012

No news

There is still nothing to report on a SNF. The possible opportunity we had this morning fell through. The Discharge Coordinator keeps calling me asking me to expand my net. I'm not comfortable with it any bigger than it already is!! My mom even suggested a place in the Memphis area, which did not accept Blue Cross insurance but the Discharge Coordinator is asking us to consider another place in the Memphis area that is available. Tom does not really want to go to Memphis but I'm going to suggest he sleep on it tonight. Maybe something here will open up tomorrow. In Memphis, my mom could help with visitation during the week, I can't imagine it would get approved by Blue Cross but stranger things have happened. We're going to keep praying for the right place for Tom. This whole thing has made for a frustrating afternoon but we'll get through it. Tom's attitude is still good. He walked twice as far today - tomorrow he may be out the door! He's making really good progress but it wears him out quickly. All the excess fluid doesn't help. Dr. Rutland keeps telling him it will get better when he gets moving more . . . I sure hope so. We continue to ask you to pray with us for the right place for Tom. Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment