Thursday, May 17, 2012

LATE UPDATE

Sorry if you've been checking for this update - I've been working on a server again!  Tom is doing well.  He even called me while I was at home tonight - he used the room phone which is easier to dial than his cell phone.  He gets more alert as the day goes on.  They did give him a little bit of Morphine tonight because we just finished changing his sheets so he was rolling back and forth.  The tech was awesome, the nurse leaves a lot to be desired in that department.  We had her last night too.  There is something amiss with the wound vac so she's gone to call someone for help on that.  So much for getting to bed at a decent hour.

Anyway, it's been one of those days where my emotions are like egg shells.  Probably because I am so tired.  I really had to fight the tears this afternoon and when I was on my way to the hospital tonight, the neighbor behind me stopped me and asked about Tom - the tears started to flow.  He's not really been "in the know" about Tom until tonight but was so compassionate and willing to help us in any way.  I just continue to be blessed by wonderful neighbors! 

I think Tom is about to fall asleep and will hopefully rest well if this wound vac alarm gets fixed somehow.  I hope I rest too.  I'm trying to keep my promise to stay with him but sleep would be helpful.  I'm going to try to catch Dr. Rutland tomorrow so maybe I'll have something more constructive to report.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment