Monday, May 7, 2012

Procedure in progress

Dr. Rosen (surgeon) is cleaning Tom's leg wound. He may or may not put the wound vac on it. He said it may be too early. Tom tried to open his eyes when I held his hand, I told him to rest. I washed the front part of his hair so he's looking good for his procedure. Tom's heart rate is back to the mid 60's. They removed the internal BP line and are set up to give him some IV nutrition once his leg has been cleaned. It was so good to be at the office today and have the distraction of work. I am so blessed to have wonderful coworkers for support and encouragement too. I really needed that! The hospital called about noon and said they were moving Tom to another room because they are doing some remodeling in ICU. He is now in 5614. They didn't move the visitor chair - I wonder if they are sending me a message. I've not been here that much. I'll have to get them to move one in, especially after Tom wakes up. I'll post another update after the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment